On a recent walk, we watched a group of fishermen trying to catch Coho salmon on the Grand River. They were standing near a fish ladder, where the salmon jump upstream. Quite a feat for such a small creature! The setting sun shimmered off the water, creating extremes of light and shadow. I used a wide angle Olloclip lens on my iPhone 4 and hoped for the best. The result turned out better than I had expected.
I was drawn to this image today, the day after surgery. It’s not surprising that I was attracted to the water and sunshine, two very healing elements from nature. As soon as the sun comes out here in Boston, I’ll be taking my spot on the patio, soaking up the warmth and beneficial rays. Like the fishermen, I will need to learn patience and stand still for a while, while my thoughts unravel and my body heals. Who was it that said all fishermen are philosophers? It’s very true, for patients too!
- iPhoneography #2 (freddyttoroblesfotografia.com)
- Top iPhoneography Pics of the Week (iphonelife.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: Black and White (growthandpossibilty.wordpress.com)
- iPhoneography: Through The Fence (noontimephotography.com)
- iPhoneography Monday 8-26-13 (nwframeofmind.com)