For this challenge, I found inspiration (once again) from Viktor Frankl:
For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person’s life at a given moment. Viktor E. Frank
So, here’s the meaning I drew from this day, filled with celebrations and food. Let’s start on my early morning walk. The light was hitting the trees, glowing red–with the promise of sunshine and branches about to burst into bloom.
For lunch, I baked a blintz souffle and brought it to my friend Len’s birthday party. He is a kind and gentle man that reaches out to others despite the sorrows in his life. An inspiration. For me, cooking is a way of showing my love to others. The souffle has 3 types of blintzes–cherry, cheese, and blueberry and is covered by a custard (made with sugar, eggs, sour cream, and OJ) and baked in the oven. Delicious!
In the late afternoon we took a walk through DeVos Place. This huge interior space reminds me of an airport–filled with light and visions of distant places. Apparently, my subconscious is telling me that I need a vacation!
And for dinner, we took our son for his 24th birthday to the Heritage Restaurant, run by students and professors in the culinary education program at Grand Rapids Community College. I love that we are helping students attain the skills they need to achieve their goals–to work in gourmet restaurants around the country. It was also a great reminder for me–in my role as a parent. And a reminder to my son that not long ago he was a student wondering and waiting for his future to begin. In the year since graduation, he’s learned so much about the visual effects world and himself.
And so, now you know about my day and the meaning I found in these everyday moments.
For other interpretations of this week’s theme, take a look at:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in the Life | Love in the Spaces
- A day in My Life: Husband day! | Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
- 3-30-13 Is It Live Or Is It Memorex? | The Quotidian Hudson
- A Day In My Life | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Portrait of a Tulip … Happy Easter! | Eyes to Heart
- Inner Child is calling | IMAGES & WORDS
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | The Good Villager
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day In My Life | Pa-BLAM!
- A Day (or so) in My Life: a Moment of Thankfulness at Easter | Midlife Crisis Crossover
- My Awesome Saturday | Kari Neumeyer ~ Rhymes with Safari
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | West Coast Kayaker
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | beeblu blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | Life of a Minister Mom
- Weekly phone | Julia’s Place
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day In The (My) Life (3) | What’s (in) the picture?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | Jinan Daily Photo
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | studio Nem
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day In My Life « Life&Ink
- no standing | yi-ching lin photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life | patriciaddrury
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ A Day In My Life | Scribbles of a Buccaneer
- Weekly Photo Challenge – A Day In My Life (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life (jlroeder.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photography Challenge: A Day in My Life (knitreadclick.wordpress.com)
- Daily Post Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life (sonelcorner.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – A Day in My Life (12books12months.com)